The Old Corn Exchange

The Old Corn Exchange
Listing Category:
Description:

The Corn Exchange, where grain was bought and sold, is situated in Market Place and was originally opened in 1857. A statue of the goddess of agriculture, Ceres adorns the top of the building. The grand frontage that remains is now the entrance to the Castle Quay Shopping Centre.